Firstly, thanks for everyone’s support and comments about the Key Lime Market!
You guys are awesome!
It was a great opening weekend! :)
The winner of the $10 shop credits are…
JamieS , Anna @ Sweet Serendipity, Valeri, and Natalie @ Queen of Whirled
[i will email you shortly]
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Today I just happen to be on twitter and all the sudden the hashtag #crafterminds kept popping up everywhere! I was totally obliviously to what I had just stumbled upon!
A weekly twitter chat [with some bloggers that I really admire] chatting about Blogging 101 and what they wish they knew when they first started blogging! [where have i been and why haven't I heard about #crafterminds before!]
Lucky day for me! So I joined in on the conversation and loved the advice! Here is a wrap up….
Blogging 101 via Crafterminds Twitter Chat
1. Be Yourself – Don’t waste time trying to be someone your not. It’s your blog. Love it and it will love you!
2. Buy Your Domain Name NOW – Lots of veteran bloggers were saying they wished they had bought their .com sooner. Many of them now have huge successful blogs but can’t have a .com because the domain name is already taken by someone else!
3. Practice taking photos – Blogs are so much more attractive with good [big] photos! I love to read Simple As That for good photography tips!
4. It is easy to get caught up in # of comments, pageviews, site ranking, etc … and forget to write good blog content. Worry about the content, everything else will follow.
5. And lastly we talked about facebook landing pages. There is a super cool tutorial about how and why you should have a fb landing page. Check it out here!
I will definitely be tuning in for next weeks crafterminds twitter chat!
You can too! Next monday at 1pm pacific time! Use hashtag #crafterminds and come chat with me on twitter!