Hey there! Some of you may have seen on Facebook yesterday that I posted a link Â to my new Resources page. I am super excited to be sharing my favorite fonts, printers, hosting companies, and wordpress themes with you! These companies rock!
Today I wanted to take a minute and go into a little bit more detail about my favorite WordPress theme.
When I first moved my blog Â wordpress I knew that I wanted a high quality theme. After doing some research I discovered that the two most popular themes available are Thesis and Genesis.Â I decided to give Thesis a shot. After working with the theme and trying to customize it I decided that I just didn’t love it. It wasÂ blah and just wasn’t meshing with me. Â It lacked the ease and customization (and fun!) I was hoping for.
So I went back and bought Genesis… Let’s just say that I refuse to work with any other theme. :)
Here are the reasons IÂ think Â GenesisÂ is the best!Â >>>Â
- Genesis is a parent theme. Meaning you can use any of these Child Themes on top of Genesis. (And the Child Themes are SUPER cute!) Seem aÂ little confusing?Â NOPE. Here is how it works. You upload Genesis as your framework and then use the Child theme to style your blog. It would kind of be like having a kitchen table and a tablecloth. The kitchen table is the framework and the table cloth gives you a style/feel. Make sense?
- Genesis has lifetime updates and they are super easy to install! You just have to click the “update” button when it pops up in your WordPress dashboard. The new features that have been added recently are, genius!
- Genesis has a super awesome support forum. Seriously, ask any questions you have and they email you right back! I use the forum all the time!
- Genesis comes with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).Â Which is awesome, because who has time to worry about that! :)
- The Genesis free pluginsÂ rock! The Genesis Slider and the Genesis Simple Hooks make life (and designing) a lot easier!